For Remote Learning Plan,
Teacher office hours,
Links for Student Check-In Forms:
April 4, 体彩官方app是真的吗. UPDATES : CHANGE IN SCHOOL HOURS AND REMOTE LEARNING PLAN FOR FAMILIES
April 6 – 12 Spring Break – Building is Closed.
As of Apr 13, office will be open between 9am and 2pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays.
April 1, 体彩官方app是真的吗. School is Closed Through April 30, 体彩官方app是真的吗 – UPDATES
1- CMSA will remain closed through April 30
2- Remote Learning Days start as of Apr 13. Please make sure to pick up your chromebook from the school. School is open on Thursday and Friday between 8:00am and 3:30pm. More info to come from teachers and assistant principals.
3- Grab-and-go meals will be available during spring break at neighborhood schools. Please visit https://cps.edu/OSHW/Pages/mealsites.aspx for locations.
1- CMSA permanecerá cerrado hasta el 30 de abril
2- Los días de aprendizaje remoto comienzan a partir del 13 de abril. Asegúrese de recoger su Chromebook de la escuela. La escuela está abierta los jueves y viernes de 8:00 a.m. a 3:30 p.m. Más información de maestros y subdirectores.
3- Las comidas para llevar estarán disponibles durante las vacaciones de primavera en las escuelas del vecindario. Visite https://cps.edu/OSHW/Pages/mealsites.aspx para conocer las ubicaciones.
March 20, 体彩官方app是真的吗 School is Closed Through April 21,体彩官方app是真的吗
March 16, 体彩官方app是真的吗 Comcast Offering Free Internet
Dear Parents, Staff, Students, and CMSA Community;
The City of Chicago has announced that Comcast will be offering free internet services to families that qualify for 60 days. You may use this link to apply.
This is the only information we have at this point regarding mayor Lightfoot’s announcement. Please continue to watch updates from the City of Chicago and feel free to reach out to Comcast for more details.
Estimados padres, personal, estudiantes y comunidad de CMSA;
La ciudad de Chicago ha anunciado que Comcast ofrecerá servicios de internet gratuitos a las familias que califican durante 60 días. Puede usar este enlace para aplicar.
Esta es la única información que tenemos en este momento sobre el anuncio del alcalde Lightfoot. Siga viendo actualizaciones de la ciudad de Chicago y no dude en comunicarse con Comcast para obtener más detalles.
March 13, 体彩官方app是真的吗
As an update on the most current developments and guidance regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic:
Earlier today, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker announced that all K-12 public, private, and charter schools in Illinois will close after school on Monday, March 16 and classes will resume Tuesday, March 31.
Chicago Math and Science Academy will be closed during this time.
“The State is taking aggressive measures to help limit the spread of the virus as the number of positive cases we report each day is increasing,” said IL Director of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike. “The situation continues to evolve rapidly, and we want to get ahead of widespread community transmission to reduce the number of people affected. We would rather be over cautious than put the health of our most vulnerable populations at risk.”
In the meantime, our custodial staff will regularly disinfect door knobs, drinking fountains, and other high-frequency “touch points,” and of course restrooms and cafeterias.
As always, and especially during flu season, anyone who becomes sick with a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing needs to stay 体彩官方app是真的吗. Contact your medical provider with questions.
We know decisions like these impact families, and we understand the sacrifice this will entail, but it is the right thing to do. Our top priority is the health and safety of students and staff, and we will continue to follow the guidance of local, state, and federal health officials in this evolving situation.
Watch for Updates
We will post necessary updates on all communications channels, including the event websites and via email.
March 14, 体彩官方app是真的吗: Important Information for Families and Staff
- Yesterday, Governor Pritzker announced that all Illinois schools, including CMSA, will close beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Monday, March 30. Classes are currently scheduled to resume on Tuesday, March 31. School-sponsored activities, events, field trips, and athletic events are also canceled during this time.
- CMSA building will be closed for deep cleaning. School will be closed to all students and staff beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Monday, March 30. Only environmental cleaning experts will be allowed in the school building along with essential staff. Families should not send their children to school.
- CMSA will remain as a polling site on Tuesday Mar 17.
- Healthy meals will be available at CPS neighborhood schools. CMSA does nothave the capacity to manage food services during the closure. Therefore, CMSA students can go to their nearest CPS school to receive meals. Students will not need to provide ID or proof of address. They will not be turned away.
- School will be sending enrichment resources and learning materials 体彩官方app是真的吗 with students. On Monday, March 16, CMSA staff will send resources 体彩官方app是真的吗 in hard copy and online format. Staff will also help students remember to take supplies, personal belongings, medications, and other materials 体彩官方app是真的吗 with them.
- High school students must take their chromebooks 体彩官方app是真的吗 with them.
- Middle school students will be provided with a chromebook if they don’t have a computer at 体彩官方app是真的吗. However, parents must come to school on Monday (between 8:30am and 4:30pm) and check out one.
- Families or students who cannot show up on Monday can stop by the school between 8:00am and 3:30pm on other days during school closure in order to pick up work and chromebook for their students. (except Tuesday, Mar17 and Friday, Mar20)
- Comcast will offer free “essentials” internet to all low-income households in Chicago for 60 days as of Mar 16 per Mayor Lightfoot. If you don’t have access to internet, please feel free to reach out to Comcast.
- All student and teacher communication will happen via school email during school closure. If you have any questions regarding any of the work, please contact your student’s teacher. Email addresses are available on your student’s SIS account. If you need assistance with any other instructional matter, you can contact the following:
- Assistant Principal, Ms Walton for high school related matters: walton@
- Assistant Principal, Mr. Hakan for middle school related matters: hakan@
- IT Coordinator, Mr. Kaya, SIS/email account access matters: kaya@
- If you need help locating medical care, please reach out to the CPS Office of Student Health and Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the CPS Command Center at 773-553-KIDS (5437).
- If you or your child has a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing and did not have direct contact with a COVID-19 positive person, please contact your primary care provider.
- If you are concerned that you or your child have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please contact the CDPH at email@example.com or call 312-746-4835.
For the most reliable information about COVID-19, please visit:
We continue to encourage everyone to join us in following public health advisories by taking all of the appropriate personal hygiene measures being recommended. for an overview of personal precautions to take.
Here are some websites to stay familiar with COVID-19:
(Johns Hopkins Medicine)